This was a project from Information Architecture Course. The challenge is that the less logical site structure in Boston Public Library website and unclear navigation decrease the findability of information, thus affecting the user experience.
- Redesign the global structure of the website content to match users’ mental model.
- Simplify navigations by redesigning existent categories and removing duplicated categories.
- Redesign labels whose meanings are not clear and make them match users’ expectation.
Current Site Review
Log In/Sign Up Page
Library Locator Feature Design
Current/Upcoming Event Feature Design
Registration Form Design
What I learned
- Usability Review of Existing IA or Competitive Analysis: IA, Navigation, Labels, Terminology, Content Layout, Workflow, Page Layout, User Controls, Visual Design
- Organization and Structure of Content: Card Sorting (Optimal Workshop)
- Cart Sort Data Analysis
- Create Page Layout and Templates
- IA Goal: Usable, Findable (wayfinding), Learnable, Discoverable